At Energy for Humanity we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. Please read these when you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
- We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example, we have boxes you need to tick if you want to receive marketing. However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage subscriptions.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- Our site is accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access our website can see anything you post on the website, for example, comments about an article.
- If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on you:
- when you use the website
- through cookies
- if you choose to reveal information in postings, and
- when you sign up for our newsletter.
Certain services that we provide may involve us collecting extra information (Membership, for example), such as where you are, so the service can be provided as designed. This may also apply to certain apps that you download, or which we provide.
Use of children’s data
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16.
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
We can access and release personal information to keep to relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
Some of our webpages use plug-ins from other organisations (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ function). These other organisations may use information about your visit to our websites on their pages. If you browse these pages while still also logged in to your account with us, information they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use information, please read their privacy policies.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit our page on Cookies.
Legal information and how to contact us
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 we have to say who the ‘data controller’ is for energyforhumanity.com and services provided through our websites. The data controller is the organisation responsible for protecting information and, in our case, is Energy for Humanity, 44 Davies St, London W1K 5JA.
If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or have any questions about how we may use it, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the address shown above. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org.