QEII Centre, Westminster, London 5th November 2019
Energy for Humanity is delighted to have been invited to contribute to Energy Live News XPO 2019. It’s been an extraordinary time over the past year with huge changes in the perception of plastic, nearly two months without coal generation, vast campaigns by companies and organisations to show their green credentials against a background of public dissent and anger.
What is the energy sector doing about Climate Change? We know plenty is being done so why don’t we discuss the positive steps being taken? Therefore, our theme for this year will be Climate Change – Doing our Bit.
The day starts with a stellar headline speaking panel.
Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Minister of State at the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, has been invited to speak at this year’s EXPO.
Kirsty Gogan, Co-Founder and Global Director of Energy for Humanity, Mike Hughes, Zone President of Schneider Electric and Steve Holliday, former CEO of National Grid and new President of the Energy Institute, have been confirmed as speakers and Energy Live News will be announcing more big names soon.
We will be highlighting all the great work that the UK energy sector is doing to mitigate climate change. If you are an energy end user and would like to come for free, please register with Harry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation by using #EXPO19!
EXPO 2019 Headline Speakers
Here is a flavour of some of the content already booked:
- Jacqueline Gibson, Blenheim Palace – Blenheim – not Royal but green.
- Pavan Juttla, Multiplex Europe – Multiplex Europe: The first step in our journey to net zero carbon.
- Sarah Jolliffe, BAM Nuttall – Application of the science based targets initiative in the construction industry.
- Wendi Wheeler, Network Rail & Gareth Williams. Virgin Trains West Coast – How to get traction behind rail carbon targets?
- Alex Gilbert, TfL – The role of energy in a future, smarter London.
- Andy Kershaw, Marston’s PLC – Sustainab-ale.
- Haydn Young, GAIA – Landlord & tenant partnerships: how to drive solar PV investments for mutual benefit.
- Istvan Sereg, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust – The low hanging fruits you may have missed – practical utility management examples.
- Kam Singh, CBRE UK – How to remotely deliver a successful energy management programme to a portfolio of sites across Europe using a lo/no cost approach.
- Thomas Jennings, KiWi Power – Trading flexibility: Distributed energy resources vs fossil fuels.
- Zhong Fan, Keele University – Smart Energy Network Demonstrator at Keele University.
- Christian Coles, Brook Green Supply – Post-Brexit: Market Madness.
- Richard Sulley, ENGIE – Achieving Carbon Zero.
- Mark Tarry & Stuart Reid, AMP Clean Energy – The road to decarbonisation – do the numbers for on-site generation still stack up in a post-TCR world?
- Mark Cox, SmartestEnergy – Managing your energy costs this winter.
- Paul Miller, Haven Power – The road to 2050 – a journey with our customers.
- Rachel McEwen, SSE & Vijay Chouhan, Telefónica UK – The business case for climate action.
- John Abbott, SSE Business Energy – Sustainable growth starts with smart.
Register for free as an end user with Harry at email@example.com. If you are not an end user and would like to come, find out about tickets and sponsorship opportunities from Melinda at firstname.lastname@example.org or Geoff at email@example.com or call the office on 020 8815 9222.
We look forward to seeing you all again on November 5th 2019 at the QEII Centre.