Wed, May 23, 2018
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM CEST
Copenhagen GL Strand Art Gallery, Gammel Strand 48, 1202 København, Denmark
Hybrid Energy Systems: Enabling Deeper Emissions Reductions in North America and Europe
Join us for a discussion on how pairing low-carbon technologies can help achieve deeper emissions cuts across sectors– including how North America and Europe can collaborate to increase deployment of hybrid energy systems, followed by a reception.
- What are the economic, political, and policy opportunities of pairing a wide variety of low and zero carbon technologies?
- How can coordination between the power, transportation, and industrial sectors allow for more efficient and aggressive emissions reduction?
- How can North America and Europe work together on the research, development, and deployment of hybrid energy systems?
- Where in North America and Europe have hybrid energy systems been successfully incentivized and deployed and what lessons can be learned from these successes?
6:00 pm Welcome from Third Way, ClearPath & Moderator
- Jay Khosla, Assistant Deputy Minister for Energy, Government of Canada
- Shannon Bragg-Sitton Ph.D., Manager of Systems Integration, Idaho National Lab
- Samantha McCulloch, Head of CCUS Unit, IEA
- Rauli Partenan, Cofounder, Finnish Ecomodernist Society
- Jill Engel-Cox Ph.D., Director of JISEA, National Renewable Energy Lab
7:10 pm Event ends, Reception begins